About Bethany Baptist Christian Education
Bethany’s Christian Education program encompasses a wide range of programs and activities for the entire church family of children, young people and adults. Throughout the year, the CE Board sponsors a variety of programs for children and adults. The Christian Education (CE) Board and the Sunday School Superintendents select and support the Sunday School teachers throughout the year. Classes for adults, children and young people are conducted on Sunday mornings, with nursery and children’s church also available during the worship service.
Our overall philosophy is embodied in two verses:
- “The wise person makes learning a joy.” (Proverbs 14:2)
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
Learn more about each program by clicking the links for each one below or from the menu above. You may also inquire about any of the CE programs by emailing the CE Board Chairperson, Mrs. Jessica Walters, at email@example.com.
- Children’s Day/Graduation Sunday: In mid-June, Children’s Day and Graduation Sunday are combined to recognize the children and youth who are moving forward to new grades. High school and college graduates are also recognized.
- Summer camp/summer Bible School: Memorial Day week-end kicks off the summer camp and summer Bible school period. Bethany may provide some financial assistance to families wishing to send their children to Lakeside Christian Camp in Pittsfield MA. See Lakeside’s website for information about this year’s summer events. A Vacation Bible School or 5-Day Club program are also offered. VBS was held at Bethany Baptist in 2016 (see more, below). In 2017, Bethany partnered with Child Evangelism Fellowship to hold a 5-Day Club event.
- New School Year: The new school year traditionally kicks off in September on the Sunday after Labor Day. Read more here.
Sunday Bible Studies
During the regular school year, Bible studies for all ages are available in weekly classes. View the current classes and teachers here.
During the summer, School Co-Superintendents Jay and Jessie Walters lead a combined Sunday School (grades K-12). Nursery and Children’s Church also continue and are available during the worship service.
In 2016 Bethany Baptist Church (Gardner) and New Hope Bible Chapel (Templeton) co-hosted an evening VBS at Bethany from August 1-5, 5:45-8:15 p.m. It was open to all children in grades 1–6, and the theme was “Submerged — Finding Truth Below the Surface.” Visit this page to see images from that program.
In 2017 we collaborated with the Child Evangelism Fellowship to hold a summer Bible study program called 5-day Club that uses a different format. Read more about it here.
Hosted at a member’s home during the week of July 17-21, 2017, the program ran from 10:00 a.m. – noon, Monday-Friday. 5-Day Club is an exciting, fun-filled one and one-half hour held each day for five consecutive days. It includes: dynamic Bible lessons, creative learning activities, inspiring missionary story, meaningful songs, life-changing Scripture memorization.
The program for young people is led by New Generation Youth Director, Brendon MacKay, assisted by Mrs. Kathy MacKay, Sam and Amanda Williams. Under this heading we offer three program:
Youth Group, Anchor Program and Life Advisor Program. Read more here about the Youth Group. Contact Mr. Brendon MacKay (617) 548-5359 for more information.
Our youth group exists to bring this generation of students to experience Jesus, to welcome them into the body of Christ, to help them walk with Jesus, to build that walk by finding their gifts, and to worship Jesus with our whole life. You can read more about what we do here.
This group for younger adults (21-40) meets on Saturday nights from
Life Advisors Program
This program hosts private, one-on-one sessions for young people in the community who are searching for answers to their life questions and would like to talk to others their own age or older in a private setting. They are held in the 3rd floor lounge on Thursday evening, starting at 7:00 p.m., at Bethany Baptist Church, 72 Ryan St., Gardner, and are led by Mr. Brendon MacKay, Next Generation Youth Ministries Director, and members of the Anchor Group. Please contact Mr. MacKay for more information and to schedule your session: (617) 548-5359.
For More Information
Learn more about each program by clicking the links on this page or in the menu above. You may also inquire about any of the Christian Education programs by calling the Bible Studies Superintendent, Mrs. Jessie Walter, (978) 790-1295, or Mr. Brendon MacKay (617) 548-5359 for more information.
The ministries within the Christian Education program are led by the following individuals.