About Bethany Baptist Christian Education
Bethany’s Christian Education program encompasses a wide range of programs and activities for the entire church family of children, young people and adults. Throughout the year, the CE Board sponsors a variety of programs for children and adults. The CE Board and the Sunday School Superintendents select and support the Sunday School teachers throughout the year. Classes for adults, children and young people are conducted on Sunday mornings, with nursery and children’s church also available during the worship service.
- In mid-June, Children’s Day recognizes the children and youth, with Bibles given to 4th graders. High school and college graduates are also recognized later in the month on Graduation Sunday.
- Memorial Day week-end kicks off the summer camp and vacation bible school (VBS) period. Bethany provides some financial assistance to families wishing to send their children to Lakeside Christian Camp in Pittsfield MA. See Lakeside’s website for information about this year’s summer events. VBS is also offered on alternate years. VBS was held at Bethany Baptist in 2016 (see more, below).
- The new school year kicks off with Rally Day in early September. Read more here.
Our overall philosophy is embodied in two verses:
- “The wise person makes learning a joy.” (Proverbs 14:2)
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
Learn more about each program by clicking the links for each one below or from the menu above. You may also inquire about any of the CE programs by emailing the CE Board Chairperson, Mrs. Jessica Walters, at email@example.com.
During the regular school year, Bible studies for all ages are available in weekly Sunday School classes. View the current classes and teachers here.
This summer (2016), Sunday School Co-Superintendents Jay and Jessie Walters are leading a combined Sunday School (grades K-12) from June 5 – August 28. Nursery and Children’s Church will also continue and are available during the worship service.
In 2016 Bethany Baptist Church (Gardner) and New Hope Bible Chapel (Templeton) co-hosted an evening VBS at Bethany from August 1-5, 5:45-8:15 p.m. It was open to all children in grades 1–6, and the theme was “Submerged — Finding Truth Below the Surface.” Visit this page for more information.
Bethany Christian Nursery School (BCNS)
During the school year, the Bethany Christian Nursery School (BCNS) offers a Christian-based curriculum for children ages 3-5. View the BCNS page here.
A grandmother recently wrote to the school’s School Board praising the staff: “… I want the School Board of Bethany Baptist in Gardner to know how impressed I am with your pre-school! … I have been so pleased to hear my granddaughter talk to me about God and Jesus. She and the others have gotten a good foundation of faith that will go along way as some of them enter public school kindergarten. I want to thank all of the caring staff at Bethany Baptist pre-school in Gardner for their excellent in teaching, guiding, protecting and loving these precious children. Your service does not go unnoticed.” A BCNS grandmother
The program for young people is led by New Generation Youth Director, Brendon MacKay, assisted by Mrs. Kathy MacKay, Sam and Amanda Williams. Read more here.
Learn more about each program by clicking the links on this page or in the menu above. You may also inquire about any of the CE programs by calling the church office: 978-632-5097.
The ministries within the Christian Education program are led by the following individuals.